Monday, January 27, 2014

Sharing the Caring

I read this earlier, and it hammered home something I really believe strongly in. World building, and really caring about the story of your story.

Nothing in the world is*just there*, something has happened or somebody has taken an action to get even the smallest prop where it is. Putting the thought into the little things; like how a character's kitchen is set up or what kind of decorations they have around the place if at all.

Like anything, but particularly with art; thought shows. I love painting things that allow me to be iterative and evolve designs, or at the very least dabble around in a sketchbook first. There can be loads of little things that different people pick up on either consciously or subconsciously that can really make a picture sing.

...I'd love to talk more about this, but I've gotta catch a bus to be home for tonight's stream. I'll have my sketchbook on hand, so hopefully I'll get to work out something cool to paint for y'all.

Oh, by the way, if you missed any of the old streams you can flick through them at your own pace at www.livestream.com/charco  or catch the new one tonight at 8.30

All the best,

C

No comments:

Post a Comment